This article will outline how to create a QUBEdocs Agent connection that links to a QUBEdocs Cloud connection. Please ensure that you have installed the QUBEdocs Agent and have the necessary access to create connections on QUBEdocs Cloud.
QUBEdocs Cloud Connection
You can create a new connection or use an existing one (the preferred connection type is "QUBEdocs Agent").
If using a new connection, you will first need to create the connection, save it then navigate to the connection settings in order to create an API token.
On your connection card, select "Edit Settings":
Go to the "Tokens" tab and press on "Create token". A token will be created against your connection:
The token value will be used within the QUBEdocs Agent.
Note: Any manual mappings or advanced settings will be pulled from your QUBEdocs Cloud connection upon generation so make sure to set these on your QUBEdocs Cloud connection before generating your snapshot via the QUBEdocs Agent.
QUBEdocs Agent Connection
- When you first open the QUBEdocs Agent, you will see this page:
Click on "Create" to start the creation of a new connection.
- Within the "Details" section, under the "General" section, give your connection a name, description and select "Planning Analytics" from the Product list. When you do this, two additional menu options will appear next to the "Details" tab.
- Navigate to the QUBEdocs Instance Details section:
Under "Connecting To" select "QUBEdocs Cloud", under "URL" leave it as "https://services.qubedocs.com", and finally under the API Key put the token created under the QUBEdocs Local connection.
- Go to the "Connection Details" tab. This is where you will setup your Planning Analytics connection.
Select the Connection Type you'd like to use (File, API):
- File Connections
For File Path put the location of the TM1 data folder, for the Configuration Directory, the location where the tm1s.cfg is.
- API Connections
For API ("Planning Analytics") connections, please see the beginning of this article for more information on the different authentication types and prerequisites.
- File Connections
- If you'd like to set up a schedule for the documentation generation (or logfile generation for API connections to QUBEdocs Cloud), you can do so under the "Schedule" tab.
- Once complete, save the connection.
To generate documentation, you can either click the rocketship icon or click into the connection for which you'd like to generate documentation for and press "Generate".
Note: Logfiles can be generated by pressing the scroll icon or the "Generate Logfiles" button within the connection settings. Logfile generation is only available for API connections to QUBEdocs Cloud.
- Navigate back to QUBEdocs Cloud and wait for the documentation to finish generating (the progress bar should move once QUBEdocs Cloud has been sent the necessary information from the QUBEdocs Agent):