This article will outline how to create a QUBEdocs Agent connection that links to a QUBEdocs Local connection. Please ensure that you have installed both the QUBEdocs Agent as well as QUBEdocs Local and have the necessary access to create connections.
(Please see this article for the installation steps for QUBEdocs Local. QUBEdocs Local connections which support the QUBEdocs Agent are available from version 4.3.2220)
QUBEdocs Local Connection
You can create a new connection (choosing QUBEdocs Agent under the "Connect with" option):
You are also able to use an existing connection:
If using a new connection, when creating the connection, make sure to click on the "Add Authorisation Token" during creation. With editing a connection, select "Add Authorisation Token".
You will then be prompted to enter a name:
Click "OK" to save the connection. Go back into the connection settings and you will see a section with your Authorisation Token:
The token value will be used within the QUBEdocs Agent.
QUBEdocs Agent Connection
- When you first open the QUBEdocs Agent, you will see this page:
Click on "Create" to start the creation of a new connection.
- Within the "Details" section, under the "General" section, give your connection a name, description and select "Planning Analytics" from the Product list. When you do this, two additional menu options will appear next to the "Details" tab.
- Navigate to the QUBEdocs Instance Details section:
Under "Connecting To" select "QUBEdocs Local", under "URL" put "http://localhost" (or the path to your QUBEdocs instance from the machine where the QUBEdocs Agent is installed), and finally under the API Key put the token created under the QUBEdocs Local connection.
- Go to the "Connection Details" tab. This is where you will setup your Planning Analytics connection.
Select the Connection Type you'd like to use (File, API):
- File Connections
For File Path put the location of the TM1 data folder, for the Configuration Directory, the location where the tm1s.cfg is.
- API Connections
For API ("Planning Analytics") connections, please see the beginning of this article for more information on the different authentication types and prerequisites.
- File Connections
- If you'd like to set up a schedule for the documentation generation, you can do so under the "Schedule" tab.
- Once complete, save the connection.
To generate documentation, you can either click the rocketship icon or click into the connection for which you'd like to generate documentation for and press "Generate".
- Navigate back to QUBEdocs Local and wait for the documentation to finish generating (there should be a notification by the bell icon).
Refreshing the page and then opening the model name from the left hand side will reveal the new documentation in the list of available snapshots: