Exporting Search Results to Excel
It is now possible to export search results to Excel using the "export to Excel" button located at the bottom right of the search page.
To use it, run a search query on your documentation, then press the button to trigger an export to an Excel document:
Results for each object type will be placed into its own tab:
- Version number
- Original: 4.3.2058.
- Post Patch (see notes below): 4.3.2088
- Post Second Patch (see notes below): 4.3.2092
- Post Third Patch (see notes below): 4.3.2107
- Styling and UI enhancements.
- Addition of "Ignore SSL/Certificate" checkbox for API connections.
- Fixed a bug with the "new version" warning for QUBEdocs Local showing in offline documentation.
- Fixed a bug with the documentation scheduler not working for monthly schedules.
- Machine names can be entered in any case - not required for them to be in uppercase for offline license keys to work.
- Fixed a bug with the comparison timeline not working correctly.
- Fixed a bug with the document wiki articles appearing to not save changes correctly.
- The export to Excel functionality seems to be unstable in Microsoft Edge - please use Google Chrome or Firefox until there is a fix for this.
- (Patched in version 4.3.2088, see notes below) Customers with plans that have unlimited local users seem to be impacted by a bug where the application reports that they have reached their limit of users.
- (Patched in version 4.3.2092, see notes below) Customers have reported that users on non-admin profiles are unable to access QUBEdocs.
- (Patched in version 4.3.2107, see notes below) A bug was reported with the scheduling feature whereby documentation was not being generated on schedule.
- (2021/11/17) : A patched installer (version number 4.3.2088) has replaced the previous one to address the issue with customers with plans that have unlimited local users that were impacted by a bug where the application reports that they have reached their limit of users. Please upgrade to the latest version of QUBEdocs Local to rectify.
- (2021/11/19) : A patched installer (version number 4.3.2092) has replaced the previous one to address the issue with users on non-admin profiles not being able to access QUBEdocs. Please upgrade to the latest version of QUBEdocs Local to rectify.
- (2021/12/16) : A patched installer (version number 4.3.2107) has replaced the previous one to address the issue with scheduled documentation not being generated at the expected schedule time. The service required for this feature was not being installed correctly. Please ensure that the user that you provide during the installation of QUBEdocs has the ability log on as a service (You can verify if a user can log on as a service by using the "Local Security Policy" tool: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\Log on as a service).
To verify that the installation of the service has been a success, within the Services for the machine where QUBEdocs is installed, there will be a service called "QUBEdocs Keep Alive".
Within the QUBEdocsServer.log files, you will also see something like this every 2 minutes: