QUBEdocs now has the ability to create Mapping Rules. Mapping rules are useful when you have TI Processes that retrieve object names from lookup cubes which cannot be resolved during the normal generation of the documentation.
The procedure for setting mapping rules is identified below.
1. Edit the settings for your model connection
2. Select the 'Mapping Rules' tab
3. Click the toggle to turn mapping rules on for this connection.
4. Enter your new rule into the input fields and the click the '+' icon to add it. Note that '*' is used as the wildcard character and should be added to select all processes or to the end of process name, variable or mapping value when the term does not represent the exact phrase.
In the above example:
a. The rule applies to all processes
b. It looks through all Cubes for the variable 'varCubeRevenue'
c. Maps it to a valid cube called 'Revenue'
We also can specify the process which we want to map to as follows:
Or do a partial find and replace in the name;
These rules should accomplish a similar task, though will have varying levels of objects caught in the searches scope.
- Click 'Save' to save the mapping rules
- Generate the documentation
- Check and confirm that the new mapping has been made by reviewing the diagrams.
Please sign in to leave a comment.