QUBEdocs will automatically generate meaningful documentation for Planning Analytics and TM1. The documentation will contain all of the objects, logic and structures, and QUBEdocs will do its magic to automatically map the data flows that exist between objects based on processes and cube rule relationships.
In addition to this, QUBEdocs makes it very easy to capture definitions for the different objects that exist in the system. You can describe what objects are used for and what they mean to the business at whatever level is required. You are free to add definitions for:
- Users, and;
- Security Groups
These definitions can be added and managed from the QUBEdocs Cloud application folders or directly from the QUBEdocs Definitions cube.
To set definitions, simply navigate to the QUBEdocs Cloud application folders shown above and select "Update Definitions" or "A1. Update QUBEdocs Definitions" directly from the QUBEdocs Definitions cube.
This will present a list of primary objects which you can start adding descriptions to immediately. Drill down on the base objects to set definitions for child objects like attributes and elements.
Adding Documents and Resources
To add references to external documents or webpages simply open the "Update Documents & Resources" view (or "A2. Update Other Document Definitions" directly from the QUBEdocs Definitions cube) and populate the document Name, Description and Hyperlink fields.
Setting Element Level Descriptions
By default, dimension elements are not available in the QUBEdocs Definitions cube to add definitions against unless they contain pick lists or dimension calculations.
Elements for a given dimension can however be added by
1. Opening up the "Setup element level definitions" > "STEP 1 Specify dimensions to include" view
2. Adding a "YES" against the "#DocumentElements" field.
3. Running the "STEP 2 - Refresh Definitions (right-click to run)" process
Once this has been run the dimension elements will appear in the QUBEdocs Definitions cube.
- We only recommend turning on element level descriptions for relatively small dimensions. Particularly measure or scenario type dimensions.
- Only elements that have descriptions added to them will flow through to QUBEdocs unless a "Yes" is also populated against the "#ShowUndocumentedElements" field.
Please sign in to leave a comment.