QUBEdocs Cloud now provides a service that business partners can subscribe to to manage their customer models and assets better. With QUBEdocs Cloud for Business Partners, models are organized by customer, sets of documentation can be viewed by internal teams and delivered to customers on demand.
The following procedure can be used to setup customers against a business partner account.
Note: Before you begin, your company will need to be setup with a business partner subscription by the QUBEdocs Support Team and your user account will need to have the 'Business Partner Admin' permission set.
STEP 1: Setting up a customer group
1. Navigate to the Customers tab and create a 'Customer group' by clicking on the 'Add / manage groups' button
Note that Customer groups allow you to configure which internal users have access to your customers and also provide a code that can be used to register your customers against your account automatically.
3. Enter a name for your group. This will be followed by a four-digit suffix which is unique to your account.
4. Select the users which have access to this group, by default users have read access, to give them write access you will need to select the 'Write' checkbox as well.
Note that 'Business Partner Admins' have access to everything by default, so it pays to limit the number of users with this access.
5. Click 'Create' to add the customer group
STEP 2: Adding a new customer
6. Add a new Customer by clicking the '+ Add customer' button
7. Fill in the company name and select which customer group it belongs to. Your users can belong to many groups, however a new customer can only belong to one.
8. (Optional) Invite new users for the customer that you are setting up
9. Browse your new customer account by clicking on the company name in the center of your page.
STEP 3: Sharing documentation with a customer
To share documentation with a customer:
10. Create a connection for your customer via the normal create connection process
11. When you generate the documentation you will notice a new checkbox which gives you the option to share the snapshot with a customer. However by default, documentation versions are hidden from them.
12. If you go to the 'All Documentation' tab after generation you will also notice a new share icon. If this icon is blue the documentation version is hidden. If it is orange the customer will be able to view it. Note that clicking on the share icon changes the visibility for the version of the documentation.
STEP 3: Creating Users
13. Create a user in the same way you would for your own company.
a. All users with write access in a customer group will be able to manage a customers users, connections and documentation.
b. For a user to manage your organization's settings they will need to have the 'Business Partner Admin' permission.
14. (Optional) Additionally, your customers can enter a business partner (i.e. Customer Group) code on the registration page while registering. By doing this they will be added to your managed customer list automatically.
Please sign in to leave a comment.