With QUBEdocs Cloud, authorized users are now able to upload Planning Analytics & TM1 Log files into QUBEdocs for search and analysis. This new feature provides deep insights into all log file entries by bringing information previously hidden in log files to the forefront.
The solution is organized into focused dashboards that provide comprehensive data visualization, search and query capabilities across log files. See below for an overview of the dashboards or see the uploading log files article to get started.
TM1 Server Activity Dashboard
The TM1 Server Activity Dashboard provides a view of all of the activities or events that have occurred on the TM1 server. This dashboard highlights issues in the environment and should be used as an initial check to see if everything is in order. There is a timeline of events and some useful tables that show stats broken down by the different categories that can be filtered on. The raw logfile entries are also provided for convenience.
Process History Dashboard
The Process History report provides a detailed look into the processes captured in the logfile. The report clearly displays data about processes that are usually hidden in the log files, such as process execution time details and process error patterns. It helps you answer the questions;
- How many processes have been run in the environment?
- Were they successful?
- Who were they run by?
- Are there any errors I need to take action on?
Chore History Dashboard
Chore History provides a similar analysis to Process History. You can see which chores have been executed, when they were executed and by who. The Execution Time section can be helpful to see if chores working as efficiently as they should be.
User Activity - Logins Dashboard
The User Activity - Logins report provides insights into user activity. It enables you to see;
- Who has accessed the system recently, or within a given time frame
- How many times a specific user has accessed the system
- User Audit information
The information that this dashboard provides can be used in various ways. Some examples are:
- To monitor access to the system for security purposes
- To check who has been using the system for license rationalization purposes
- To confirm who has logged in, in a given planning round
- To check the load on the system when a certain event occurred
* Note that In order for the "User Activity - Logins" dashboard to be populated an additional logger needs to be turned on for the TM1 service being analyzed. Details on how to do this can be found here.
Key Metrics Dashboard
The Key Metrics report provides summaries of specific event occurring in the logfile at a glance. It shows a summary of server restarts, dimension changes, user logins, chores and processes executed. These stats provide users with a better understanding recent activities that have occurred in the environment.
Please sign in to leave a comment.