Notice: The FTP connection option will be deprecated soon. Please see here for more information.
Connecting QUBEdocs to your Planning Analytics model for regular documentation snapshot updates is a two step process that includes creating a metadata package file on your Planning Analytics Server and getting it to the QUBEdocs Cloud Server for ingestion via FTPS. You can complete these steps in either order.
- Setup and Schedule FTPS Connection
- Setup and Schedule QUBEdocs Package Creator in a TM1 Chore
Step 1 - Setup and Schedule FTPS Connection
An FTPS based connection can be setup by clicking on the "Connect a New Model" tile in the main page of QUBEdocs Cloud.
When prompted, select "FTPS" as the connection type and enter the remote FTPS path and credentials to your PA/TM1 model file share.
- The remote path will be in the following format: ftps://:/.
- (QUBEdocs Cloud currently supports Port 21 for FTPS connections. Contact QUBEdocs Support if you have different port requirements)
- The file share details will be included in the IBM PA Welcome Pack or additional credentials can be requested through IBM support.
- The connection will not validate successfully until the "setup TM1 model" step has been completed.
- The "scheduled" option does not need to be selected at this stage. A schedule can be defined later by editing the connection once the documentation has been generated successfully for the first time.
- We recommend setting the schedule to weekly and setting a time when your TM1 server is not in high demand.
Step 2 -Setup and Schedule QUBEdocs Package Creator in a TM1 Chore
- Create a TM1 chore and schedule the QUBEdocs Package Creator process within.
- Include the as the ".\" as the parameter value so that the package is written directly to the data directory.
- Note: You will want to ensure that this chore is completely executed well before the time that you used in the FTPS schedule in step 1.