Following IBM's decision to deprecate FTP, we at QUBEdocs have made the decision to follow suit. This decision is based largely on FTP being a less secure option than other choices. The timeline we are working with is as follows:
- From the 3rd of May 2021, no new FTP connections will be able to be created.
- From the 31st of March 2022, QUBEdocs will no longer support FTP as a connection option.
What does this mean for new connections?
- The FTP option will no longer exist in the Connection Type field.
What does this mean for existing connections?
- Generated documentation (and logfiles for Cloud customers) under existing FTP connections will remain as is.
- (From the 3rd of May 2021) Users will be able to change the existing FTP connection type to either File or API, however FTP connection fields won't be able to be edited. Users can still generate documentation and logfiles.
- (From the 31st of March 2022) No new documentation will be able to be generated under these existing FTP connections - users will need to update the connection to either a File connection or an API connection for generation to resume as normal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.