We have integrated our on premise and cloud platforms, so that you can access your information from your QUBEdocs Cloud account. From here you will be able to see your license keys, manage your instances and download new versions of QUBEdocs. If you have not been setup with a QUBEdocs Cloud account please get in touch with support.
The steps for installing and setting up QUBEdocs can be found here.
If the server where QUBEdocs is being installed has access to the internet, an online activation will be done. During the setup wizard, you will be prompted to enter your QUBEdocs Cloud user credentials which will be used to activate QUBEdocs on the instance.
If the server where QUBEdocs is being installed does not have internet access, similar to before, an offline key will be used to activate the instance. These keys can now be found under the "Manage QUBEdocs Licenses" menu in QUBEdocs Cloud. In order to generate a key, you will need to provide the name of the machine/server where QUBEdocs will be installed.
- Styling and UI enhancements.
- Added mapping for Run Process in documentation engine.
- Diagrams now require you to click on them before they will zoom.
- Latest version of the QUBEdocs TM1 objects now allow you to specify a separate path for TM1s.cfg.
- Fixed issue where mapping rules were not being correctly applied.
- Fixed issue where a long dash was not being correctly interpreted by the rules engine.
- Fixed issue where certain searches were throwing an error in the Document Wiki.
- Fixed issue where the MTQ value was incorrect (for API connections).
- Fixed issue with cube properties not showing correctly (for API connections).
- Fixed issue with multiple #DESC lines in rules not showing correctly.
- Fixed issue with rules not going to the correct cube (for API connections).
- Fixed issue with dimension attribute descriptions not showing correctly (for API connections).
- Fixed issue with cube security not reflecting correctly in QUBEdocs (for API connections).
- Refactoring of bulk snapshot deletion.
- The Document Wiki has now been moved to the main side panel and is no longer part of the Knowledge Base section.